The less work you have to do at attracting new buyers, the better. But if you can’t actually extract value from your existing shoppers, then your conversions won’t be very high and you’ll lose out on potential sales. Here are five tips you can start using today to boost your Amazon conversion rate.
1. Play with Colour Psychology
Colours have unconscious effects on people, and using them in strategic ways can impact your conversion rates.
- Red: Good for power, urgency, passion, and intensity. Use it for things like closing on a sale.
- Pink: Correlated with romance and femininity. Use it for things like marketing to women and girls.
- Orange: Represents energy, excitement, and aggression. Use it for things like subscriptions and calls-to-action.
- Yellow: Associated with optimism and youth. Use it for things like getting people to look closer into a deal or product.
- Green: Has to do with wealth, relaxation, and peace. Use it for things like introducing a new or complex idea to buyers when you need them to process something easily.
- Blue: Makes people feel calm, trusting, and secure. Use it for things like financial information exchange.
- Purple: Can help people feel soothed and pampered. Use it for things like selling healthcare or beauty products.
- Brown: Usually implies strength, confidence, and dependability. Use it for things like convincing on-the-fence buyers.
- Black: Creates a powerful, sleek, and dominant feeling. Use it for things like luxury or high-end products.
- White: Has an air of openness and blank slate-ness. Use it for things like making products stand out without any background noise.
2. Include Questions in Your Copy
Look at the following two examples of copy and see which one pulls you in more.
- 43% of seniors suffer from arthritis. Here’s how you can reduce your chances.
- 43% of seniors suffer from arthritis. Are you doing everything you can to keep yourself out of that pool?
By asking a question, you’re actively engaging the reader and drawing them in on a deeper level. You’re getting them to really reflect on what you’ve written and think about the information you’ve had, as opposed to passively presenting the information and hoping they’ll bite — and a deeper engagement can result in a higher conversion rate.
3. Encourage them to Add to Cart Instead of Buy
Buying is the ultimate goal, but avoid writing that out explicitly. It demands a greater level of commitment than asking them to add something to their cart (even if you actually do want them to buy it).
But once someone has something in their cart, they’re about a millimetre away from purchasing it, which requires a bit of a different strategy. The key is to get them moving along steadily and not with too many big leaps.
4. Entice Them With a Promotion
People love to feel like they’ve gotten a good deal. It doesn’t have to be a knock-it-out-of-the-park special, but just something that makes them feel like they’ve won before buying.
Test out a bunch of different promotions to see which is most effective, whether it’s a ‘buy X, get X% off’, ‘free X with purchase’, ‘free shipping over X’, or ‘X off before X date’.
5. Making the Purchase Process as Simple as Possible
The more streamlined you make the path between browsing and buying, the better your odds are at improving your conversion rate. Do things like:
- Only create one task for the buyer per landing page.
- Use colourful buttons that make it easy to make selections (instead of text boxes).
- Include a CTA at the bottom of every page with a decent amount of copy on it.
- Take out the fancy, fussy elements and keep things plain and simple.
- Test different landing pages for different traffic sources/audiences.
- Add a thank you after the purchase, and try to include a bonus to create a memorable impression.
Boosting your conversion rate will take a bit of work, but the increased sales are so worth it. Once you’ve capitalised on that, the next challenge is converting on more reviews. It just so happens that FeedbackExpress is the perfect tool for that, as we’ll handle things from filtering through types of sales to the final follow-up. Take advantage by signing up now and enjoying the first 30 days absolutely free.