Amazon.com has announced that it will cease offering Amazon Expedited Shipping from March. There has been no announcement yet regarding UK/EU marketplaces.
Amazon Expedited Shipping Retirement Dates
- On the 4 March 2019, you will not be able to add or make changes to Expedited Shipping in your Amazon shipping templates.
- Come the 14 March 2019, if you offer Expedited Shipping to domestic Customers with a transit time of 2 days or less, Amazon will automatically replace Expedited Shipping with Premium Shipping in your shipping template.
Amazon Premium Shipping Eligibility
To be eligible to offer Premium Shipping on Amazon, you must meet the following requirements for the trailing 30 days:
- Valid tracking rate of 100%
- On-time delivery rate of 97% or greater
- Seller-initiated cancel rate of less than 0.5%
If any of your performance metrics fall below the established thresholds for Premium Shipping, Amazon will revoke your eligibility.
Learn more about Amazon Premium Shipping.
Impact on Chinese Sellers
According to Tamebay, the change is likely to have a major impact on Chinese sellers who offer Premium Shipping at exorbitant delivery rates.
Sellers in the UK who genuinely hold stock shouldn’t be impacted too seriously.