Guest post by Michael from gym-expert.com
Amazon product packaging is more than just making the product appear attractive to customers. The material used to wrap the products also identifies, protects, describes, and even promotes the product.
Why Amazon Packaging Design So Important?
Amazon sellers should always remember that experience of people who buy doesn’t end the moment they have ordered a product online.
The next step in the order process is packaging which is your opportunity to impress and satisfy Amazon product buyers.
How you wrap Amazon product matters a lot. Everyone gets impressed when they receive something wrapped in a beautiful box or wrapper.
Your Amazon product packaging is the first impression so ensure it is done well to take your business to another level.
How Amazon Uses Packaging to Increase Sales
Having the right packaging can help you sell more. This is because most people unknowingly get influenced by packaging.
If you give a person several products to pick from, they will certainly pick one that has excellent packaging.
Product packaging is the first interaction point with buyers. That is why sellers should always look at ways they can enhance their Amazon product packaging design.
Amazon Packaging Types
The most common types of Amazon packaging are:
- Paper bags
- Corrugated boxes for heavy products such as electronics.
Amazon Product Packaging Requirements
The world of packaging will keep on evolving as the demand of buyers keeps increasing. The biggest challenge is how to remain relevant within the highly creative packaging designs.
Let us look through some of the Amazon packaging guidelines that can enable sellers to increase their sales:
- Pastels: Pastel colours evoke calmness and improve Amazon products when used on the wrapper design. Studies have shown that pastels make people react automatically. Less saturation of pastel makes it the best alternative for forming pale. It is a clam effect that gives products a warm and candid aura.
- Attractive labels: Buyers these days engage and connect with naturally attractive labels. It does not only apply to foodstuffs only. It has a significant impact on fashion and household items, as well. The original labels illuminate the decision of an individual to purchase the product, and they make the buyer feel that the item is trustworthy.
- Creative messages: Consider printing some good notes on Amazon packaging if you need the products to be understood more clearly. The message can be either funny or serious; just be sure it is simple to read and will tempt an individual to try the product. Also, blend it with beautiful colours. With all that, it will surely attract a customer.
Establishing a Brand
A brand has a lasting impression of what people hear, see or experience. When creating your brand, you must manage the effect that your services or products have on your clients.
The ten steps followed in establishing a brand are:
- Know your audience.
- Create a brand mission statement.
- Read about brands in your field.
- Determine the benefits of your brand.
- Come up with a logo and a tagline.
- Create the brand message and the elevator pitch.
- Allow the personality of your brand to shine.
- Integrate the brand into all aspects of your business.
- Remain faithful to the building of the brand.
- Be the most prominent advocate of your brand.
How to Make Your Amazon Packaging Stand Out
It’s all about making your Amazon packaging appealing and useful. As a seller, you need to focus on the following to sell more and make a significant impact on the clients.
1. Make it simple and clear
There are many companies selling items on Amazon, but only a few of them get interested buyers. Most Amazon sellers do not get buyers because of inadequate packaging and not being able to make their products attractive.
To understand this better, consider the products sold at supermarkets. When you go to any shelf, look at the items there. Check the functions of the product, its brand, and its packaging and preparation needs.
Other crucial factors to understand include whether Amazon offers materials for packaging, the Amazon FBA preparation, and the shipping requirements.
If you can find answers within a few seconds upon looking at the packaging, then that implies that the seller took his/her time to design the packaging. But this is never the case in most Amazon items.
Customers usually spend a few seconds to choose whether to purchase and an item or on. And to be able to make the customer buy your Amazon product within a few seconds, you need to do so much.
So, simple and transparent means that the Amazon packaging designs must not confuse the buyer, and neither should it fail to be precise.
The market has so many products of the same kind. Amazon product sellers need the attention of clients, and this can only be achieved through being authentic and unique.
It narrows down to being creative and standing out. Consider coming up with an Amazon product packaging style design that is unique. For instance, if your rivals are using vertical layouts, consider using horizontal layouts.
Be exclusive and bold, analyze many Amazon products, and design something that no one else has ever come up with before.
Colour is the most crucial factor in the success of your packaging. If you do not use the right colours, your Amazon business can become a disaster.
With the right colour, nearly eighty per cent of the work of impressing customers is complete. Pick colours as per the preference of your clients and as per the standards of the market. For instance, black colour does not look good on in packaging foodstuffs. Use contrasting colours that can make the product spot go up.
We hope this blog has shown you how important packaging can be to sales and the customer experience. Amazon product packaging isn’t solely about protecting the product although this remains it’s primary purpose — it can also be used to educate consumers, gain trust and build your brand.